NEW YORK — The summer issue of the Franciscan Vocation Ministry’s quarterly publication, Insight & Wisdom, is now available both online and in print. The eight-page newsletter can be found under “Communications” on the Province’s Web site, as well as on the Vocation page.
Featured topics in the summer 2009 issue include:
• An opinion piece by Provincial Vicar Dominic Monti, OFM, on celebrating the 800th anniversary of the founding of the Order. The article has also been published in several secular and religious newspapers along the East Coast and is posted on the Vocation page of HNP.org.
• “Choosing the Franciscans” about Lawrence Anderson, OFM, who will profess solemn vows this summer along with Fred Dilger, OFM, and Juan de la Cruz Turcios, OFM.
• Information about fall vocation weekends; three are being offered this fall to give a glimpse of Franciscan life to men who are considering joining the Order.
• A recap of the May 16 priestly ordination.
• “Discerning God’s Call in Your Life,” about spiritual direction, by Tony LoGalbo, OFM.
• Recent formation milestones for Jeffery Jordan, OFM, Scott Carey, OFM, Gerald Hopeck, OFM, and Michael Reyes, OFM.
About Insight & Wisdom
The publication is produced by Vocation Director Brian Smail, OFM, and assistant Carolyn Croke, with editing and design by Jocelyn Thomas and Rebecca Doel of HNP’s Communications Office.
Insight & Wisdom has been published for more than seven years by the Province. Issues produced since 2006 are available online. The publication is aimed at men discerning a call to the Franciscan way of life. It is distributed to all HNP sites and mailed to men who have contacted the Vocation Office.
Other Vocation News
The ministry also reported plans for Brian to launch a blog in the near future. The blog will include insight into the formation process as well as Vocation Office news and will be aimed at men discerning a call to Franciscan life. Once launched, visitors to HNP.org will be able to access the blog by visiting the “Join Us” page and also the new “Blogs by HNP Members” page.
Holy Name Province’s “Life Shift” vocation ad appears in the Vision 2010 Catholic Religious Discernment Guide and will also be included in the 2010 Guide to Religious Ministries. Several parishes have publicized for vocations by printing one-color ads titled “Welcome to Your Future” and “Embrace Our Way of Life” in their bulletins.