NEW YORK — The Provincial Council has announced the appointments of six friars, made at the April 23–24 Council meeting. They are:
• Lawrence Anderson, OFM, to St. Mary Friary, Pompton Lakes, N.J., effective June 1. He will serve on the pastoral staff of St. Mary Parish.
• Gregory Jakubowicz, OFM, to Siena College, Loudonville, N.Y., effective July 1. He will serve as college chaplain.
• Hugh Macsherry, OFM, to St. Anthony Shrine, Boston, effective June 1. He will serve on the Shrine’s pastoral staff.
• Kevin McGoff, OFM, granted permission to seek exclaustration for the purpose of vocational discernment, effective May 1.
• Stephen Mimnaugh, OFM, to St. Francis Friary, New York City, effective June 1. He will serve as parochial vicar.
• Emmet Murphy, OFM, to St. Anthony Friary, Butler, N.J., effective May 6. He will assist at area parishes.