The Provincial Council made the following assignments at its May 19 meeting:
• Thomas Conway, OFM, was appointed guardian and director of post-novitiate formation at Holy Name College, Silver Spring, Md., effective Jan. 1, 2011.
• Francis Di Spigno, OFM, was approved for a sabbatical from Jan.1 through June 30, 2011.
• Louis Iasiello, OFM, was given permission to serve on the formation faculty of the Pontifical College Josephinum in Columbus, Ohio. Louis’s duties will involve formation advising on the college level, spiritual direction in the theologate, and service as professor in both the college of liberal arts and the school of theology. He will begin his new duties this August.
• Tony LoGalbo, OFM, was appointed associate director of post-novitiate formation at Holy Name College, effective Jan. 1, 2011.
• Emmet Murphy, OFM, was appointed parochial vicar at St. Francis of Assisi Parish in Raleigh, N.C., effective immediately. Emmet has been helping temporarily in Raleigh since December.
• Jude Murphy, OFM, will retire from active ministry to St. Anthony Residence in Boston, effective July 1, 2010.
• Mark Reamer, OFM, was approved for a four-month sabbatical from June 1 to September 30 of this year. Mark’s sabbatical is being funded by a grant from the Lilly Foundation to study leadership issues as they pertain to pastoral ministries. During his absence, David McBriar, OFM, will serve as administrator of St. Francis Parish in Raleigh.
The next meeting of the Provincial Council is June 23.