NEW YORK — Three Holy Name friars will profess their solemn vows on Aug. 22 at St. Francis of Assisi Church on West 31st Street. The 11 a.m. Mass will be celebrated by Provincial Minister John O’Connor, OFM.
The three men who will profess their final vows as members of the Franciscan Order are Lawrence Anderson, OFM, Fred Dilger, OFM, and Juan de la Cruz Turcios, OFM.
Other events being planned by the Province and its ministries for the next few months include:
· Affiliation of three men into HNP’s postulancy program on Aug. 16 at St. Anthony Shrine in Boston
· Diaconate ordination on Sept. 5 at the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception in Washington, D.C.
· Siena College’s academic convocation on Oct. 1 in Loudonville, N.Y. The 11 a.m.event, a celebration of the 800th anniversary of the founding of the Francsican Order, will award honorary degrees to three individuals who have made contributions to the Siena community and will recognize the 10th anniversary of the Franciscan Center for Service and Advocacy.
· Mt. Ireneaus anniversary concert on Oct. 17 in West Clarksville, N.Y.
· Encuentro on Oct. 24 at St. Camillus Church in Silver Spring, Md.
Below are event dates of organizations affiliated with the Province:
· Opening of Washington Theological Union’s academic year on Aug. 31
· Franciscan Mission Service’s World Care Benefit and Celebration on Oct. 9. The event will feature HNP JPIC Director Russell Testa who, with his wife, Megeen White Testa, will receive the Anselm Moons Award.