ALLEGANY, N.Y. – St. Bonaventure University alumni will come home June 9-11 for the annual Alumni Reunion Weekend. This year’s theme is “Telling Our Story.”
Some 750 alumni and guests from the honored classes of 1941, ’46, ’51, ’56, ’61, ’66, ’71, ’76, ’81, ’86, ’91, ’96 and ’01 are expected to attend, but alums from all classes are always welcome for a weekend full of activities on and around the St. Bonaventure campus.
“The reunion weekend is like a big family gathering, and we again expect to have a capacity crowd,” said Alumni Director Joe Flanagan. “Many alumni have also expressed their desire to hear Sister Margaret Carney, and see all the changes that are currently taking place on campus.”
Among the scheduled events are:
- Edward Coughlin will present a talk titled “The Arrival of the Franciscans in Western New York”
- Daniel Riley will present “Thomas Merton: His Story and the Bona Story”
- Sister Margaret Carney will give a talk on “The Changing Face of Bonaventure”
- The friars at SBU will host a luncheon
- A birthday reception for Daniel Hurley, celebrating his 39th birthday for the 48th time
Use the link below for more information on the reunion weekend.