DUXBURY, Mass. — “Parish as Family: A Leadership Workshop” is being offered April 27 to 29 at the Miramar Retreat Center here, helping parish leaders explore how church life closely resembles family dynamics.
As a priest is called father, religious women sisters, and church members referred to as brothers and sisters in Christ, this workshop will help church leaders develop crucial leadership skills in understanding how a church is like a family.
Dominic Perri, a church organizational consultant who has been working with Holy Name Province through its strategic planning process, is a featured presenter. His presentation, along with those of Susan Luff, M.S., APRN, founder and faculty member of the Center for Family Process in Bethesda, Md., and the Rev. Bob Duggan, Archdiocese of Washington, will draw on insights from working with parishes for years.
“Parish as Family” will discuss:
• A new way of looking at relationship systems
• How to make sense of complex organizational challenges
• The amazing power of the leader’s less-anxious presence
• Insight into how forces and relationship patterns from previous generations show up in the present
• Integrating spirituality with pastoral leadership responsibilities
• How to better understand how a leader’s personal family system influences ministry
The cost of the program is $375, including room and board. To register, contact Cathy Carpenter, 508-775-5744, ext. 102, firstname.lastname@example.org.