NEW YORK — Holy Name Province is mourning the deaths of all the earthquake victims in Haiti as well as the death of a friar’s mother.
• Elizabeth Sandoz, mother of Robert Sandoz, OFM, died Jan. 7 in Omaha, Neb.
Additionally, HNP friars are mourning the deaths of three fellow Franciscans and a New Jersey affiliate of the Province.
• Sr. M. Kevin Linehan, OSF, a Franciscan Sister of Allegany, died Dec. 31 at St. Elizabeth Motherhouse in Allegany, N.Y.
• Sr. Marie John Nowak, OSF, Franciscan Sister of Allegany, died Jan. 10 at St. Elizabeth Motherhouse.
• Fr. Louis Stislow, OFM, of Assumption BVM Province, died Jan. 13.
• Catherine Stager, and affiliate of the Province, died Jan. 10 at the age of 106. She was a parishioner of Our Lady of Holy Angels in Little Falls, N.J.