NEW YORK — In a message regarding the “Year of Consecrated Life,” Pope Francis encouraged religious as he quoted St. John Paul II in his 1996 apostolic exhortation, Vita Consecrata: “You have not only a glorious history to remember and to recount, but also a great history to be accomplished. Look to the future, where the Spirit is sending you in order to do even greater things.”
As 2015 begins and the Year of Consecrated Life continues, Holy Name Province acknowledges its jubilarians, who have accomplished many great things through their varied ministries. These men are warmly thanked for their continued efforts to bring the Gospel into the lives of the people they serve.
This year, 38 friars are commemorating major anniversaries of profession and ordination.
These jubilarians have served in parishes, on campuses, and in a variety of social justice ministries along the East Coast and overseas. They are:
25 Years a Friar
50 Years a Friar
60 Years a Friar
25 Years Ordained
50 Years Ordained
60 Years Ordained
The Province will celebrate silver and golden jubilees of profession later this year.
Last year, 15 members of Holy Name Province were called to their eternal rest.
· Stephen Lynch, OFM, died Jan. 3 in Ringwood, N.J.
· Alexius Mulrenan, OFM, died Feb. 7 in St. Petersburg, Fla.
· Edward Donohue, OFM, died Feb. 21 in Ringwood
· Leon Ristuccia, OFM, died March 19 in Ringwood
· Ambrose Donehue, OFM, died April 19 in Ringwood
· Aloysius Siracuse, OFM, died April 23 in Pompton Plains, N.J.
· Fintan Duffy, OFM, died May 7 in Ringwood
· Vianney Devlin, OFM, died May 26 in Ringwood
· Theodore McNally, OFM, died June 2 in Ringwood
· Brian Hart, OFM, died July 3 in Wayne, N.J.
· Martin Hanhauser, OFM, died Aug. 16 in Ringwood
· Michael Putich, OFM, died Sept. 16 in Buffalo, N.Y.
· Hugh Eller, OFM, died Oct. 21 in Ringwood
· Joel Munzing, OFM, died Nov. 13 in Ringwood
· R. Patrick Fitzgerald, OFM, died Dec. 9 in New York City
Holy Name Province wishes HNP Today readers a new year filled with peace and all good.
— Maria Hayes is communications coordinator for Holy Name Province. Carolyn Croke provided research for this story. The photo above shows the friars marking their 25th and 50th anniversaries as friars.