NEW YORK — In observance of Easter week, HNP’s Communications Office will not produce this newsletter on its next regularly scheduled date. The next issue of HNP Today will be April 22.
Below are deadlines for submission of news items for HNP Today’s spring issues:
• April 15 for the April 22 issue
• April 29 for the May 6 issue
• May 13 for the May 20 issue
• May 27 for the June 3 issue
• June 10 for the June 17 issue
Friars and their partners-in-ministry are invited to use the HNP Today Information Submission Form to constribute news to the Communications Office.
As part of a recent restructuring, the Communications Office has hired a new staff member. Rebecca Doel of Maineville, Ohio, joined the office in February as a communications coordinator. She is a 2007 graduate of St. Bonaventure University with a degree in journalism/mass communications. Doel’s role includes design, writing and online editing.
“I really enjoyed the Franciscan presence at St. Bonaventure,” said Doel, shown above. “After spending a year volunteering, this opportunity to interact with the friars again by working in the Provincial Office was exactly what I had been looking for.”
Recent developments by the Communications Office also include the following changes to the Web site:
• Addition of the OFM 800th anniversary logo
• Photos of HNP’s Provincial Ministers since the community’s founding in 1901
• New listings of Friars in the News
Website enhancements planned for the near future, according to Communications Director Jocelyn Thomas, include:
• Photo albums on HNP’s Extranet
• Biographies of deceased friars on the Who We Are page
Friars experiencing difficulty accessing the Friar Search feature of the Extranet are reminded to contact Thomas at email@example.com.