From Francis and the early friars with their simple greeting of Pace e Bene (Peace and All Good) up to our current days, Franciscans have held the title “heralds of peace.” The violence of our world and the shattered lives of so many continue to cry out simply for peace. Franciscans and Franciscan-hearted people are needed more than ever to be entry points of God’s healing peace.
Franciscan Peacemaking Campaign-Walking in Solidarity with Pope Francis’ Pilgrimage to the Holy Land
On May 24-26, 2014 Pope Francis made a pilgrimage to the Holy Land. With our historic connection to the region, Franciscans are encouraged to take this opportunity to walk in solidarity with our Holy Father and all the peoples of the Holy Land. Solidarity is not just an emotional feeling of connection; it is also a commitment to justice and addressing the root causes of violence.
Learn more about the situation in the Holy Land and take action to show your solidarity:
Resources for the Journey
- Reflection by Robert Lentz, OFM (English) (Spanish)
- Video to better understand the plight of the Palestinian Christians
- Bulletin announcement for video
- Franciscan Holy Land Peacemaking Campaign (English)(Spanish)
- Tent of Nations Advocacy Success Story (English) (Spanish)