NEW YORK — The Province’s annual jubilee celebration of friars commemorating 50 and 25 years as professed Franciscans will take place on June 22. A 5:30 p.m. Mass will be celebrated by Provincial Minister Kevin Mullen, OFM, at St. Francis of Assisi Church on West 31st Street.
The friars who are commemorating 50 years of service are:
- Russell Becker, OFM, of Tokyo, Japan
- John Capozzi, OFM, of Margate, N.J.
- Eric Carpine, OFM, of St. Petersburg, Fla.
- Anthony LoGalbo, OFM, of Boston, Mass.
- William McConville, OFM, of Durham, N.C.
- Robert Menard, OFM, of Clemson, S.C.
Marking his silver jubilee is Jacques LaPointe, OFM, of Boston.
The Provincial Secretary Michael Harlan, OFM, will send printed invitations to the jubilarians for use in inviting family members to the June 22 celebration.
— Johann Cuervo is communications assistant for Holy Name Province.
- “Profile: John Capozzi Marks 50 Years as a Friar” – March 15, 2017, HNP Today
- “Province Congratulates Jubilarians” – Jan. 4, 2017, HNP Today
- “Province Honors 14 Friars for Profession Anniversaries” – June 29, 2016, HNP Today
- “Celebrating 750 Years of Witness and Service” – July 8, 2015, HNP Today