ROME — A convention on St. Clare in Madrid, an assembly of Italian provincial ministers in Naples, and the General Minister’s Easter message are highlighted in the April issue of Fraternitas, the newsletter of the General Curia.
The front page of the monthly publication of the Order of Friars Minor describes the Feb. 24 to 26 gathering in Spain that commemorated the 800th anniversary of the consecration of St. Clare. It included four presentations related to the way of life of the Second Order.
The newsletter also included a recap of the 36th General Assembly of the Union Conference of Minsters Provincial of the Franciscan Family of Italy from March 5 to 10. The assembly took place on the occasion of its 40th anniversary of founding.
The current newsletter also reports on:
• The April schedule of General Minister including his participation in a Chapter of Mats in Madrid, Spain
• An exhibit at the Portziuncula, dedicated to St. Clare, open until Aug. 11
• 50th anniversary of the prelature in Mexico
• The annual meeting of the Service for Dialogue Commission, held in February in Colombia
• Four books with Franciscan themes
Information about the Order is provided in three languages on its website that provides links to the blog and the Facebook page of the Order of Friars Minor.
— Compiled by Jocelyn Thomas