At the meeting of the Provincial Council on Sept. 7-8, the following friars were given new assignments:
- Clement Comesky will be returning to Bolivia to minister in the Missionary Province of San Antonio.
- Gerald Hudson is assigned to St. Anthony Friary, Camden, N.J., effective Sept. 15.
- Daniel Kenna is assigned to Holy Name Friary, New York, N.Y., as parochial vicar, effective Oct 1.
- Claude Lenehan is assigned to Holy Cross Friary, Bronx, N.Y., with the Ministry of the Word., effective Oct. 1.
- William Mann is assigned to Gemelli House, Silver Spring, Md., as assistant to the treasurer of Washington Theological Union, effective immediately.
- John Marino has resigned as pastor of St. Francis of Assisi, Triangle, Va., and will be entering a sabbatical period. Robert Menard was appointed as temporary administrator of the parish.
- Richard Trezza is assigned to Sacred Heart Friary, East Rutherford, N.J., as full-time Provincial Spiritual Assistant to the Secular Franciscan Order, effective Oct. 1.
Also, the Diocese of Charleston has assigned Patrick Tuttle as Catholic chaplain for Furman University. He also will continue his ministry at St. Anthony Parish in Greenville, S.C.