NEW YORK — The publication of Franciscans International (FI) has a new look.
FI, which produces Pax et Bonum, in its New York City office, changed the format to a magazine with the June issue. The editorial team announced the change to readers in a letter on the inside front cover.
The message said that after two years of a newsletter format, FI had listened to reader feedback and modified the format.
Topics featured in the 12-page June issue included:
- Humanitarian efforts of Franciscans in Europe, Africa and the Asia Pacific.
- The new FI office in Bangkok.
- Franciscans in Benin who are bringing the region’s infanticide to the attention of the United Nations.
- How laughter attracted a young German to the friars.
- Goals and inspirations of FI Executive Director Sr. Denise Boyle, FMDM.
Pax et Bonum, which measures 10.5 inches in height, is slightly smaller than a standard American magazine.