NEW YORK — The Provincial Office has been notified of several job openings including a chaplain position at a Catholic college on Long Island and a variety of positions near Washington, D.C.
Molloy College, an independent college based in Rockville Centre, N.Y., founded in 1955 by the Dominican Sisters of Amityville, is seeking a chaplain to work collaboratively with its campus ministries team. The college — with a student population of approximately 4,000 — is grounded in academic excellence and provides a value-centered educational experience, according to director of campus ministries Scott Salvato, a graduate of St. Bonaventure University, who contacted the HNP Communications Office.
Reporting to the vice president for mission, the chaplain will work collaboratively with the campus ministries team in providing for the overall well-being of the Molloy College community. The sacramental life of the college is a particular focus of the chaplain, Salvato said.
The applicant must be a Roman Catholic priest in good standing with experience, knowledge and skills working with young adults in a campus ministry setting, along with a collaborative approach to ministry. Information is available on the college’s Web site.
Applicants should send a cover letter and resume to Human Resources, Molloy College, 1000 Hempstead Ave., P.O. Box 5002, Rockville Centre, NY 11571 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Washington Area Positions
In addition, several positions with HNP ministries in the Washington, D.C., area are open. Details about the job opportunities are listed in the April 11 e-newsletter of Washington Theological Union.
The positions include:
• Director of faith formation at St. Francis of Assisi Parish, Triangle, Va.
• Teaching and administrative positions at St. Francis International School, Silver Spring, Md., a new regional school
sponsored and supported by the parishes of St. Camillus and St. Mark the Evangelist.
• Administrative assistant to the academic dean at WTU.
Religious Communicators Council Listings
The Religious Communicators Council has listed the following openings on its Web site:
• Assistant director of communications at Manhattan College in the Bronx.
• Social media specialist at Lutheran World Relief in Baltimore, Md.
• Executive assistant, prospect researcher and .NET developer at the International Fellowship of Christians and
Jews in Chicago.