NEW YORK — Provincial Secretary Michael Harlan, OFM, recently notified the friars of a new deadline for expressing interest in Provincial directorates: April 15.
“The Provincial Administration is in the process of establishing directorates and committees for the next three-year period, 2011 to 2014,” Michael said in a recent memo. “We encourage and invite friars to fill out interest forms and return them to the Provincial Office by mail or fax to 800-420-1078.”
The Provincial Council will be making friar appointments to the various directorates and committees during its April 27 meeting.
Holy Name Province has 12 directorates and 10 committees, “the working bodies that assist the administration in meeting its goals in light of the Chapter’s vision and mandates,” according to Michael’s message. The friars who currently serve as Provincial Council liaisons are:
· Brian Belanger, OFM, Sick and Retired Directorate
· Thomas Conway, OFM, Finance
· Lawrence Hayes, OFM, Justice, Peace and Integrity of Creation
· Joseph Nangle, OFM, and Lawrence, Fraternal Life in Mission
· Dominic Monti, OFM, Formation and Studies
The Provincial Administration also welcomes friars to volunteer to be part of the HNP committees. They include:
· African-American Ministry Committee
· Artistic Patrimony Committee
· Benevolence Committee
· Bonfils Trust Committee
· Communications Advisory Committee
· Higher Studies Committee
· Hispanic Ministry Committee
· Ongoing Formation Committee (incorporating leadership development initiatives)
· Vocation Committee
· Wellness Committee
· Young Adult Ministry Committee
Members of the new directorates and committees will begin their terms later this spring, according to Dominc. Information about the Provincial entities is available for friars on the HNP Extranet.
— Compiled by Jocelyn Thomas