The friars of the Province are mourning the recent passing of two friars and three Franciscan sisters
Fr. Marc LeGoanvec, OFM, 66, a member of Holy Spirit Province, Canada, and a past provincial minister of the former St. Joseph Province, headquartered in Montreal, died on June 20.
Eric Pilarcik, OFM, 52, vocation director of St. Barbara Province, died on July 2 in Santa Barbara, Calif., where he had been attending the interprovincial profession of first vows ceremony. A Mass of the Resurrection will be celebrated at 10:30 a.m. on July 20 at Old Mission Santa Barbara.
Sr. Maria Pozzobon, FMSC, 96, a member of the Franciscan Missionary Sisters of the Sacred Heart, died on June 14 in Peekskill, N.Y. She was born in Cavasagra, Italy.
Two members of the Sisters of St. Francis of Philadelphia died recently at Assisi House in Aston, Pa. Sr. Jordan Marie Goeke, OSF, 95, died on June 28 and Sr. Margaret Maureen Thompson, OSF, 81, died on June 29.
Editor’s note: Each month, HNP Today publishes news of the deaths of Franciscan brothers, priests and sisters. Information should be emailed to the HNP Communications Office. Announcements about deaths in the United States can also be found on the USFranciscans website.
– Compiled by Jocelyn Thomas
- “Deaths in Franciscan Communities” – June 19, 2019, HNP Today
- “The Birth of the New Canadian Franciscan Province” – Oct. 23, 2018, Order of Friars Minor website
- Interview with Provincial Minister Marc LeGoanvec – May 23, 2015, YouTube video
- “Peekskill Sisters Celebrate 150 Years” — Jan. 21, 2015, HNP Today