This new feature announces recent deaths of the larger Franciscan community. Listed below are the names of Franciscan friars and sisters who have died since mid October.
During the past month, the following Franciscan friars and sisters in communities connected to Holy Name Province have passed to eternal life.
• Fr. Evan Eckhoff, OFM, died Nov. 15 in Sherman, Ill.
• Fr. Dismas Bonner, OFM, 82, former provincial minister of Sacred Heart Province, died Nov. 13 in Springfield, Ill.
• Fr. Crispin Butz OFM, a member of Our Lady of Guadalupe Province, died Nov. 7 in Santa Fe, N.M.
• Fr. John Joseph Lakers, OFM, of Sacred Heart Province, died at age 81 on Nov. 4, at Holy Cross Friary, Quincy, Ill.
• Sr. Francis Joyce, OSF, a Franciscan Sister of Allegany, died on Oct. 29, at St. Elizabeth Motherhouse healthcare center in Allegany, N.Y.
Editor’s note: HNP Today welcomes news about Franciscan brothers, priests and sisters. Please email submissions to the Communications Office.