This new feature announces recent deaths around the larger Franciscan community.
During the past month, several Franciscan friars and sisters have passed to eternal life.
- Fr. Joseph Benedict Hagen, OFM, 91, of Sacred Heart Province, died Dec. 13.
- Sr. Mary Emmanuel Kilkenny, OSC, of Our Lady of Lourdes Monastery in Ft. Myers, Fla., died on Dec. 12 at the age of 92. A Mass of Christian Burial was celebrated Dec. 16.
- Fr. Xavier Geiser, OFM, former Holy Land Commissary in Washington, D.C., died in Jerusalem on Dec. 11 at the age of 88.
- Sr. M. Caroline Francis Koczwara, OSF, a Franciscan Sister of Allegany, died Dec. 2 at the St. Elizabeth Motherhouse healthcare center in Allegany, N.Y.
- Sr. Mary Bernadette Tobin, OSC, of the Monastery of St. Clare in Jamaica Plain, Mass., died Nov. 25.
- Emanuela de Nunzio, SFO, died in Rome on Nov. 10 at the age of 82. She was a former general minister of the Secular Franciscan Order.
Editor’s note: HNP Today welcomes news of deaths of Franciscan brothers, priests and sisters. Submissions should be emailed to the Communications Office.