NEW YORK — Holy Name Province’s Web site is launching a reformatted photo gallery this week. The new format allows users to remain on the HNP.org site and view albums as a slide show. Previously, the site’s gallery was hosted by Typepad.
All 2009 albums will be added to the reformatted gallery, including a new album of photos from the August solemn profession of vows of Lawrence Anderson, OFM, Fred Dilger, OFM, and Juan de la Cruz Turcios, OFM.
In addition, the Communications Office (CO) has updated the rotating photos on the Province’s home page. Some of the new images include Gregory Jakubowicz, OFM, blessing pets at Siena College in Loudonville, N.Y., and Vocation Director Brian Smail, OFM, on the New York City subway in front of the “Life Shift” ad.
Other recent Communications Office developments include:
• HolyNameProv on Twitter has more than 60 followers. News is tweeted at least once daily. To read the Province’s past Twitter announcements or to sign up to be a follower of HNP, click the Twitter icon on the HNP home page.
• Use of blogs continues to increase. The Province’s Hispanic Ministry Committee is considering creating a blog as is the HNP Office of Justice, Peace and Integrity of Creation (JPIC).
• The Communications Advisory Committee will meet Oct. 21 at the Provincial Office in New York City.
The CO staff reminds newsletter readers of the following:
• The type size of HNP Today can be enlarged.
• Forms, photos and news for friars can be accessed by visiting the HNP Extranet; a link to the login page is at the bottom of all HNP.org pages.
• Articles for HNP Today are welcomed. They should be submitted to email@example.com by the Wednesday before each issue’s publication date.