NEW YORK — The HNP Communications Office staff has announced several updates to the Provincial Web site:
A photo album of the Provincial Office staff has been posted on the HNP Extranet. It includes a variety of scenes of the staff at 129 West 31st Street, where four offices are based. One photo, pictured here, shows members of the accounting team, Michael LaCugna, Erlinda Martinez and Dennis Wilson, OFM. To view the album, click Photo Gallery after logging into the Extranet.
Pictured throughout the album are members of:
• The Administration Office —Theresa Bartha, Sharon Berrios,Michael Harlan, OFM, Dominic Monti, OFM, and John O’Connor, OFM
• The Accounting Office — LaCugna, Martinez, Timothy Miskowski, OFM, Lucrecia Scott, Allan Von Kobs, OFM, and Dennis
• The Communications Office — Jocelyn Thomas and Rebecca Doel
• The Vocation Office — Brian Smail, OFM, and Carolyn Croke.
An updated edition of the HNP Publications Stylebook is available on the Communications page. Like the previous editions, this December 2009 update provides guidelines for this newsletter as well as the newsletter of the Vocation Office and St. Anthony’s Guild’s quarterly magazine, The Anthonian.
Holy Name Province’s 2010 Directory has been printed and will be mailed next week to all HNP friars.
Announcements are being distributed via e-mail to HNP friars with news from and about HNP directorates and committees. The chairs of these groups are welcomed to submit information to the Communications Office for distribution to the friars, according to Jocelyn Thomas.
Announcements to both friars and the public are distributed through Twitter. News on a variety of topics is posted often, Thomas said. Many find Twitter a convenient method of receiving short announcements.
Several projects for the Franciscan Vocation Ministry have recently been completed:
• The Advent 2009 issue of Insight & Wisdom has been distributed and posted online. This was the last issue before the Vocation Ministry launches a redesigned newsletter, Be A Franciscan, in 2010.
• Posters based on the “Life Shift” advertisements have been produced in English and Spanish for the Province’s ministries. They are being mailed this month.
• Vocation director Brian Smail is continuing to write for the “Be A Franciscan” blog. A new entry was posted Dec. 18. The Vocation Ministry now has more than 80 fans on Facebook.
— Rebecca Doel is communications coordinator for Holy Name Province. An article about the history of the HNP Communications Office, founded 40 years ago, will appear in the next issue of this newsletter.