NEW YORK — Visitors to Holy Name’s Web site will now see a new home page and a matching look to the interior pages as well as several additions and changes to the site’s content.
Fresh Look to Web Site
The Province’s Communications staff launched its redesigned home page this week, with less text and a series of interesting animated photos. The reason for revising the homepage was to provide a look that represents the community.
“The Province is diverse — in both its people and its ministries,” said Jocelyn Thomas, Director of Communications. “It’s important that the Web site show Holy Name’s diversity and its energy. In my less than two years here, I have been very impressed with the passion of the friars and their partners in ministry.
“Br. Octavio (Duran) and Fr. Dominic (Monti) and I did an extensive search to find appropriate photos to clearly tell site visitors clearly who the Province is,” Thomas said.
Other changes to www.hnp.org include:
1. Addition of a Devotional Resources page on the Our Missions section
2. A photo album showing images of the Province’s last ordination in May 2007 in Raleigh, N.C. The photo gallery is now located on the bottom of the new home page. The sixth album – showing photos of the Franciscan leaders celebrating the anniversary of St. Bonaventure University – will be live later this month said, Phil Jacobs, who supervises the technical details of this page.
An April update to tthe HNP Directory 2008 is available on the Friars Only section.
Viewers are reminded that news about the Province’s ministries, parishes and people is welcomed for inclusion on the Web site and in this newsletter. Deadlines for upcoming issues of HNP Today are shown below.
April 23 issue – April 17
May 7 – April 30
May 21 – May 14
Look for the following topics in upcoming issues:
- The annual meeting of members of the Province’s Ministry of the Word
- “This Month in Province History” — a new recurring feature
- Recent “Come & See” weekends held by the Vocation Ministry
- Providence’s vibrant ministries
- The pope’s vist to New York City
- Earth Day commemorations
- Programs planned by the JPIC (Justice, Peace and Integrity of Creation) Directorate
- Franciscan History in Western New York
To submit information or questions, contact Jocelyn Thomas, email@example.com