NEW YORK — An assortment of timely updates in two languages has been posted on the Province’s website. They include a Spanish version of the Polar Bear Plunge video featuring Jacek Orzechowski, OFM, along with a variety of educational and advocacy resources about climate change on the JPIC in Action section of the Justice and Peace page.
The Spanish elements were made available a few weeks after the English version of the Franciscan climate change page was created, according to Jocelyn Thomas, HNP communications director. Members of the Province’s JPIC team provided the content.
Both the English and Spanish versions of the Climate Change page offer three sets of information, broken down as follows:
· Learn the Facts about Global Climate Change
· Reflect on Climate Change Using our Faith Tradition
· Take Action
Russell Testa, director of the HNP Office for Justice, Peace and Integrity of Creation, encourages friars and supporters of Franciscan justice and peace values to share the video. This can be done by:
· forwarding a link to the video to friends
· incorporating a link to the video and/or to the Franciscan Climate Change page on ministry websites
· posting the video on Facebook pages — both personal and those of organizations affiliated with the Province
· announcing the Franciscan Climate Change page in parish bulletins and ministry newsletter
The JPIC team, comprising Testa, his assistant Fran Eskin-Royer, Jacek, and the Province’s forming JPIC DIrectorate, are also posting a new document on the Seasonal Programs page of the Justice and Peace page.
Other recent developments from the Communications Office include:
• Home Page: New rotating photos will be posted this week
• Social Media: The number of followers for the Province on Facebook and Twitter continues to increase. More than 660 Facebook users have said they “like” the Province’s Facebook page. Followers to the Franciscan Vocation Ministry’s Be A Franciscan page increase each week as well.
• Provincial Newsletter: Contributions of news from and about the friars and partners-in-ministry are welcomed. Deadlines for submission is the Wednesday before HNP Today is published. Below are dates for spring and summer issues:
· April 13 for the April 20 issue
· April 27 for May 4 issue
· May for May 18 issue
· May 25 for June 1 issue
· June 8 for June 15
· June 22 for June 29
· July 6 for July 13
· July 20 for July 27
· Aug. 3 for Aug. 10
· Aug. 17 for Aug. 24
— Compiled by Jocelyn Thomas