MUNDELEIN, Ill. — Friars of the Assumption BVM Province, based in Wisconsin, began their recent congressus with a retreat led by Sister Ann Bremmer, OSF, of the Sisters of St. Francis in Pennsylvania.
At the July 5 to 6 gathering at Cardinal Stritch Retreat House, friars were led in a series of reflections on Franciscan leadership. This provided the members of the provincial council “with he opportunity to share their faith and experience with each other,” according to the Provincial Newsletter of the Assumption Province.
According to the July 12 newsletter, the major accomplishments of this congressus, included:
- Election of 10 guardians
- Acknowledgement of the members of the Leadership Development Committee
- Establishment of five ad hoc committees to focus on provincial statues, Franciscan message, ongoing formation, 800th anniversary observance, and developing international friar relationships
- ;Decision to ask permission to establish two new fraternities.
This issue of the province’s newsletter also provides information about:
- Congregation for Institutes of Consecrated Life and Societies of Apostolic Life
- Cross Ministries Partnership