SILVER SPRING, Md. — Each year, the HNP men in formation based at Holy Name College spend the summer serving at Province ministries or continuing their education.
For the coming months, five student friars will spread out to a variety of locations, including New Jersey, South Carolina and New York. These assignments are effective May 21.
• George Camacho, OFM, is serving at St. Anthony of Padua Parish in Camden, N.J.
• Ross Chamberland, OFM, is studying at The Catholic University of America and also working at St. Anthony of Padua Church in Greenville, S.C.
• Gerald Hopeck, OFM, is continuing his work at St. Francis International School, where he is assistant principal, and at St. Camillus Parish in Silver Spring.
• Jeffery Jordan, OFM, is joining the friar community at Holy Name of Jesus Parish in New York City.
• Michael Reyes, OFM, is continuing his studies both in Washington, D.C., and at the Franciscan Institute in Allegany, N.Y., where he will also study iconography with Robert Lentz, OFM.
This year, Frank Critch, OFM, Mario Gomez, OFM, Percy Osorio-Palpan, OFM, and Edgardo Zea-Laura, OFM, will travel to Italy through the Franciscan Study Pilgrimage. From July 2 to 25, they — along with men from other provinces preparing to make their final vows — will spend five days in Rome, five in the Rieti Valley and the remaining time in Assisi, walking in the footsteps of St. Francis.
The solemn profession will take place on Aug. 25 at St. Francis of Assisi Church in New York City.