NEW YORK — A farewell Mass at All Saints Church on East 129th Street, celebrated by Provincial Vicar Dominic Monti, OFM, has been scheduled for 10 a.m. on June 26. It will be a time to commemorate the Franciscans’ nine-year involvement at the Harlem parish.
Steven Pavignano, OFM, pastor of All Saints since 2008, said a reception will follow the Mass.
Several other Holy Name Province parishes are holding special events to bid farewell to the friars who are leaving their ministries because of concluding terms. Among them are:
• Sacred Heart Parish in Tampa, Fla., organized three small receptions after Masses the weekend of May 29 to send off pastor Andrew Reitz, OFM, who is taking over as pastor of St. Francis of Assisi Church in Midtown Manhattan.
• St. Bonaventure Church in Allegany, N.Y., will have a joint farewell and welcome reception at 5 p.m., on June 15 in honor of past and future pastors Richard Husted, OFM, and James Vacco, OFM.
• St. Anthony Shrine, Boston, is holding an event on June 17 for David Convertino, OFM, who is leaving his position as director to begin service at St. Anthony’s Guild. On June 26, David will celebrate his last Mass as executive director of St. Anthony Shrine.
• St. Mary’s Parish, Pompton Lakes, N.J., is holding a Mass on June 26 to honor Kevin Downey, OFM, who is finishing his term as pastor this month.
• Assumption Parish in Wood-Ridge, N.J., is planning a celebration of Brian Cullinane, OFM, for September. Brian is moving to the shrine this summer.