Pancratius Halstorm, OFM
1898 – 1964
Fr. Pancratius Halstorm, OFM, was born on June 27, 1898 in South Boston, Mass. After graduating from a commercial high school, he entered St. Joseph Seraphic Seminary in Callicoon, N.Y., and was received into the novitiate at St. Bonaventure Friary in Paterson, N.J., in 1922. He professed temporary vows one year later, made his solemn profession in 1926, and was ordained in 1929.
His first assignment was to St. Joseph Parish in Wilkes-Barre, Pa., where he ministered for one year before serving at St. Stephen Friary in Croghan, N.Y., St. Bonaventure College, Allegany, N.Y., and St. Francis of Assisi Parish in New York City. In 1935, he returned to Croghan, where he served as master of clerics until 1948. During those years, he taught the history of philosophy, and cared for the mission in Castorland.
From 1949 to 1954, Fr. Pancratius served in the southern missions of Statesville, N.C., and Clarksville, Va. He returned north to St. Francis of Assisi Parish and St. Anthony Shrine in Boston. In 1960, he was stationed at St. Francis Friary in Brookline, Mass., and he returned to Boston before his death.
He died on Nov. 12, 1964 in Boston. Fr. Pancratius was 66 years old, a professed friar for 41 years and a priest for 35 years.