Frank Martin, OFM
1910 – 1971
Fr. Frank Martin, OFM, was born on Sept. 17, 1910 in Easton, Pa. Before joining the Order, he attended St. Bonaventure College, Allegany, N.Y. He was received into the novitiate at St. Bonaventure Friary, Paterson, N.J., in 1933 and professed temporary vows one year later. Fr. Frank made his solemn profession in 1937 and was ordained later that year.
He returned to St. Bonaventure College for one year before moving to Holy Cross Friary in the Bronx, N.Y., where he continued his studies. In 1940, he was assigned to Siena College, Loudonville, N.Y., and then to ministries in Paterson, Denver, and Winsted, Conn. From 1946 to 1949, Fr. Frank served the Custody of St. Mary of the Angels of the Byzantine Rite. He was a member of the bi-ritual team of friars who helped form the Custody.
Fr. Frank returned to Holy Name Province in 1949 and ministered to various communities of sisters. At the time of his death, he was serving as chaplain to the sisters of Mount St. Francis in Ringwood, N.J.
He died on Oct. 12, 1971 in Chilton Memorial Hospital, Pompton Plains, N.J. He was 61 years old, a professed friar for 37 years and a priest for 34 years.